We are committed to providing a high-quality service and to dealing with all our clients fairly. We acknowledge that we may not always get it right so if something has gone wrong, including in relation to the bill, we need you to tell us.

In relation to regulated claims management activities:

1. How do I make a complaint?

1.1 You can contact us in writing (by letter or email) or by speaking with our Complaints Officer, whose contact details are: Mike Oaten, Director, Investment Recovery Services Limited, 23 Westfield Park, Bristol BS6 6LT, 0117 427 0117

1.2 To help us to understand your complaint, and in order that we do not miss anything, please tell us:

1.2.1 your full name and contact details
1.2.2 what you think we have got wrong
1.2.3 what you hope to achieve as a result of your complaint, and
1.2.4 your file reference number (if you have it)

1.3 If you require any help in making your complaint we will try to help you.

2. How will you deal with my complaint?

2.1 We will record your complaint centrally.

2.2 We will write to you within 5 working days acknowledging your complaint, enclosing a copy of this policy.

2.3 We will investigate your complaint. This will usually involve:

2.3.1 reviewing your complaint
2.3.2 reviewing your file(s) and other relevant documents, and
2.3.3 speaking with the person who dealt with your matter

2.4 We may also need to ask you for further information or documents. If so, we will ask you to provide the information within a specific period of time.

2.5 We will update you on the progress of your complaint at appropriate times.

2.6 We may also, if appropriate, invite you to a meeting to discuss your complaint. You do not have to attend if you do not wish to or if you are unable to. We will be happy to discuss the matter with you on the telephone.

2.7 We will write to you at the end of our investigation (the ‘Final Response’) to tell you what we have done and what we propose to do to resolve your complaint. Where possible, we will aim to do this within 8 weeks of your initial complaint.

2.8 Where we are unable to provide a ‘Final Response’ within 8 weeks we will tell you:

2.8.1 Why the matter is unresolved

2.8.2 Give you a full summary of our investigation to date and explaining why we have not been able to conclude the matter

2.8.3 Advise you that you may take the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service and provide contact details

3. What if I am not satisfied with the outcome?

3.1 (In regards to regulated claims management activities only), if you are unhappy with our ‘Final Response’ you may take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service but you must do this within 6 months of the date of our ‘Final Response’ or you may lose your right to do so.

3.2 The Financial Ombudsman Service contact details are: Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange, London, E14 9SR www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

3.3 (In regards to tax activities), if you are unhappy with our ‘Final Response’ you may take your complaint to the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales.

3.4 The Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales contact deatisl are: Chartered Accountants’ Hall, Morrgate Place, London, EC2R 6EA www.icaew.com

4. What will it cost?

4.1 We will not charge you for handling your complaint.

4.2 Please note that if we have issued a bill for work done on the matter, and all or some of the bill is not paid, we may be entitled to charge interest on the amount outstanding.

4.3 The Financial Ombudsman Service is free of charge.